Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

Which one is better fiance or spousal visa for to-be-spouse…

Customer Question
Which one is better...

Which one is better fiance or spousal visa for to-be-spouse living outside the US?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken? Has any paperwork been filed with the U.S. government?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about the visa?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Only consult for this

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
3/30/2018
Immigration Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

Fiance visa is better as it gets them into the country faster so you can be together here.

Good article that sets out the differences.

http://www.immi-usa.com/fiance-visa-vs-spouse-visa-determining-the-best-option/

If you are wanting to be together sooner as most couples do then fiance visa is the better option.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks

If yu can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.