Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

My appeal case for i130 denial was remanded of the record is…

Customer Question
My appeal case for i130...
My appeal case for i130 denial was remanded of the record is warranted for the Director to reassess whether the petitioner established the he is in a bond fide relationship with the beneficiary.
Order: The record is remanded to the Director for further consideration of the visa petition consistent with the foregoing opinion and for the entry of a new decision. What does this mean?
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
3/30/2018
Immigration Lawyer: Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney replied 3 months ago
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney

Hello, my name is***** & I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. I'm reviewing your question and will be with you in a few minutes.

Ok I am waiting. Need more information let me know.

Essentially this means the case is being reopened and sent back to the local office for the case to be reevaluated and the new evidence looked at. They will likely ask for a DNA test and if it comes back like you both are the parents, then the I-130 should be approved.

Good luck to you and I hope this answer has helped you.

Please kindly click "Finish by RATING" and choose a rating from the STARS ★★★★★. The question will NOT finish or close after you click and rate me. DON'T WORRY. It will stay OPEN after you rate me and I can continue to answer your follow up questions at no additional charge, if you have any.

The stars are very important. If you don't RATE , I receive zero credit for my time with you. Hopefully you can rate me 3 stars or more. 5 stars rating is the best!

Again, if you have additional follow up questions for me, please ask and I will be happy to clarify. Your satisfaction is my #1 goal.

Any bonus you feel I earned is always very appreciated. For any NEW questions you have in the future that you would like only me to answer, you can begin the new post with the words "FOR JEN."

just Incase the DNA test is negative and he’s not the father?

Then the chances would not be as good of approval.

. I hope you do not base your rating of me on whether I have given good or bad news since I don't make the laws and I can't change them. I must be honest with you. Hope you can appreciate that.

I appreciate that. I am not quite because of what you have said. I am just thinking things over
I appreciate the honest true
I am just reading where they say that the petitioner may want to obtain a DNA testing..... he is force to? Are they suggesting it? Because it didn’t say he must and USCIS should order him to do a DNA
I was just confused with what they are asking this director to reassess.

You do not know yet about DNA for sure. You will not know until it is sent back to the director, local office, and then they will decide. That is what is meant by reassess. They will look at all the evidence again and decide what they want to do. Nothing is decided yet.

The director recieved the same letter, right? The Appeal board sent us this copy for what their decision is. Ok I am waiting but is there a known time frame for them to get back to me?
Now we are waiting to hear from USCIS
Do we have to have bills and lease, pictures and finances as before too?

Yeah you are waiting for there is no exact waiting period. It is usually a few months.
Yes, you should have joint documents ready also for when they ask.

I hope this has helped and that you can kindly leave a good rating today. Best of luck.

Immigration Lawyer: Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney replied 2 months ago
Hello again.. I see that you were able to view my answer last month, but you did not ask any follow ups or leave me any feed back. Please let me know how else I can help and please kindly keep in mind that we experts do not receive a salary from this website. We only receive credit when you leave a good rating for us with the stars ★★★★★. It is very important to me. This is my job. Thank you for your consideration of our work and time here.