Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

The question is Are you applying in the same country or

Customer Question
Hello, The question is...

Hello, The question is Are you applying in the same country or location where the visa above was issued, and is this country or location your place of principal of residence? The first I’m applying in the same country as Vancouver, Canada. But Canada is not my place of principal of residence. I’m a Korean, but I have been living in Vancouver, Canada since 2014. However, the answer, I have to answer yes, or no

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the U.S. government?

Ds-160 I'm applying

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about the visa?

I have taken Agency before

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have B1/B2 visa right now, but I have changed my name legally. thus, I have all documents and ID with new name, except US B1/B2 visa. for this time, I re-apply for name change with the Agency. however, the agency's doing is not trustworthy, so I want to checked my application that Agency has done, before sending additional documents to the US consulate. In short, my application was done, but I need to send additional documents to the US consulate(exception of interview). if I do, it would be completed. But before that, I want to check whether their answers are matched with that I given them, but Agency refused to show. So, I asked to US consulate about that situation, she told me only way that I can do, apply the form again, and send it with my additional documents.Therefore, I'm applying, but there are some of questions I cannot understand.

Submitted: 24 days ago.Category: Immigration Law
3/29/2018
Immigration Lawyer: Expert James, Lawyer replied 24 days ago
Expert James
Expert James, Lawyer

Hello! My name is***** have over 12 years of legal experience. Please allow me some time to review your question.

In what status have you been living in Canada?

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
now, I have student visa until 2019, but I just graduated from 4years degree 2017 Dec. I' waiting for my Post Graduate Work Permit. I can work during waiting for permit legally. so I'm working now.
May I ask you if I ask you check my application which I have already filled, how much would be the cost?
you might know my current situation
Ely, Counselor at Law