Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

How much does the filing fee cost. Adjustment of status

Customer Question
How much does the...

How much does the filing fee cost

Lawyer's Assistant: It can cost anywhere from $10 to $100, depending on the type of issue and how much of the Immigration Lawyer's time your question is expected to take (how complex and lengthy an answer you require).

Adjustment of status through marriage

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken? Has any paperwork been filed with the U.S. government?

Not yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Can the filing fee paid with a credit card

Submitted: 27 days ago.Category: Immigration Law
3/28/2018
Immigration Lawyer: Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney replied 27 days ago
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney

Hello, my name is***** & I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. I'm reviewing your question and will be with you in a few minutes.

The filing fee is $1225 just for the I-485 application and if you do not have the I-130 yet, that is another $535.

Yes, it can be both paid by credit card. You would have to send this application in addition to everything for credit cards https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/g-1450.pdf

Good luck to you and I hope this answer has helped you.

Please kindly click "Finish by RATING" and choose a rating from the STARS ★★★★★. The question will NOT finish or close after you click and rate me. DON'T WORRY. It will stay OPEN after you rate me and I can continue to answer your follow up questions at no additional charge, if you have any.

The stars are very important. If you don't RATE , I receive zero credit for my time with you. Hopefully you can rate me 3 stars or more. 5 stars rating is the best!

Again, if you have additional follow up questions for me, please ask and I will be happy to clarify. Your satisfaction is my #1 goal.

Any bonus you feel I earned is always very appreciated. For any NEW questions you have in the future that you would like only me to answer, you can begin the new post with the words "FOR JEN."

Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney