Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I was on h1b 60 days grace period. Employer A filed my H1B…

I was on h1b 60...
I was on h1b 60 days grace period. Employer A filed my H1B amendment within 60 days.
I have started working for the company A upon receiving the Receipt number. I have received RFE now. In the meanwhile I also have received an offer with company B. I really want to join Company B, but I am not sure if I can do that. What are my options?
3/28/2018
Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 15 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Also, please do NOT click on the Opt Out button because if you do, it would prevent me from communicating with you and then it could take a long time before another expert responds to you.

Please give me a few minutes to review your question and I will be right with you with an answer. Sorry for any delay. I may have to do some research and at the same time I read and type fast, but not that fast! Thank you for your patience.

Sorry for the delay. I just ask that if it is bad news that you not shoot the messenger. Shooting the messenger is either leaving a negative rating (usually reserved for rude or unprofessional experts) or not leaving a positive rating at all.

This is really not a good time to be jumping from employer to employer. The administration is pretty serious about what they said, U.S. jobs for U.S. workers. RFEs are you around 40%. Many people are being denied. If you are beyond your 60 day grace period, you need to stay at B until B is approved. Then you can file a transfer from C. Once you get the receipt from C, you can go to work for them, but to be on the safe side, you should probably stick with B until C is approved. Sorry, I know this is not what you want to hear, but I am telling you the safe route especially in this difficult environment.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, you may have to scroll up to the top of the page or click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.

Thank you for the positive rating. If you would like to request me in the future for a different topic, please remember to put FOR GUILLERMO in the subject line and message box. Good luck to you!