Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I am a naturalized U.S. citizen and filed a petition for my…

Customer Question
I am a naturalized...

I am a naturalized U.S. citizen and filed a petition for my sister to come to the U.S. which was received 12/22/2016. Case WAC1790138249. Is our congress serious about 8.8 years to process?? "standard processing times" We may as well all move to Costa Rica so we can be together.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the U.S. government?

Yes

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No thank you

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
3/28/2018
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney replied 3 months ago
Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 15 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Also, please do NOT click on the Opt Out button because if you do, it would prevent me from communicating with you and then it could take a long time before another expert responds to you.

Please give me a few minutes to review your question and I will be right with you with an answer. Sorry for any delay. I may have to do some research and at the same time I read and type fast, but not that fast! Thank you for your patience.

Thank you for your time

Sorry for the delay. I just ask that if the news is not good that you not shoot the messenger. Shooting the messenger is either leaving a negative rating (usually reserved for rude or unprofessional experts) or not leaving a positive rating at all.

This is not something that just happened. This has been around for more time than I have been practicing which is 15+ years. And it isn't 8.8 years, it is closer to 13 years. If you promise not to blame me for the broken system of immigration laws we have in the U.S., I will explain the process and why it takes so long. Let me know.

No thank you for your time...this is very sad.

So you would like a refund? That would be very sad for me, but just let me know.

A refund would be extremely kind, can you do that?

Yes. I will inform the administrators. Good luck.

Thank you so much! You are a very nice man. :)

Thank you.