Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

My wife has a f2 visa. My wife has a f2 visa. can she travel…

Customer Question
My wife has a...

My wife has a f2 visa

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps has your wife taken? Has she filed any paperwork with the U.S. government?

My wife has a f2 visa. can she travel more than 5 months to outside usa ?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about the visa?

?

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
3/28/2018
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney replied 3 months ago
Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 15 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Also, please do NOT click on the Opt Out button because if you do, it would prevent me from communicating with you and then it could take a long time before another expert responds to you.

Please give me a few minutes to review your question and I will be right with you with an answer. Sorry for any delay. I may have to do some research and at the same time I read and type fast, but not that fast! Thank you for your patience.

Sorry for the delay. I just ask that if it is bad news that you not shoot the messenger. Shooting the messenger is either leaving a negative rating (usually reserved for rude or unprofessional experts) or not leaving a positive rating at all.

Yes. As long as you maintain your valid F-1 and you remain married, she can stay out of the U.S. as long as she likes and come back using the unexpired F-2 visa.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, you may have to scroll up to the top of the page or click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about the visa?

I responded and I said yes, she can as long as you remain married and you maintain your F-1 status.

Let me know if you need anything else, but please do not forget that positive rating. Thank you!