Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I’m trying to help a friend. She has Ghanaian and her

Customer Question
I’m trying to help...

I’m trying to help a friend . She has Ghanaian and her biological dad was Canadian . He bought his entire family to Canada but he die unexpectedly the mother was devastated so she took the kids back to Ghana . Now she wants to come to Canada . Hey passport was lost and expired because it has been ten years .

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the U.S. government?

No because it is Canada not ya immigration

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?

No I have not

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
3/28/2018
Immigration Lawyer: Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney replied 3 months ago
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney

Hello, my name is***** & I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. I'm reviewing your question and will be with you in a few minutes.

Sure what is your specific question?

Thank you
No
I want it know what options I she have if any .
She wants to get another visa but she done not know what she must do and how to file since her dad is deceased
Her dad was Canadian born and he is listed ok her birth certificate

She should be able to go to the Canadian embassy and get a Canadian passport based on her father.

ok thank you

Good luck to you and I hope this answer has helped you.

Please kindly click "Finish by RATING" and choose a rating from the STARS ★★★★★. The question will NOT finish or close after you click and rate me. DON'T WORRY. It will stay OPEN after you rate me and I can continue to answer your follow up questions at no additional charge, if you have any.

The stars are very important. If you don't RATE , I receive zero credit for my time with you. Hopefully you can rate me 3 stars or more. 5 stars rating is the best!

Again, if you have additional follow up questions for me, please ask and I will be happy to clarify. Your satisfaction is my #1 goal.

Any bonus you feel I earned is always very appreciated. For any NEW questions you have in the future that you would like only me to answer, you can begin the new post with the words "FOR JEN."

Immigration Lawyer: Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney replied 2 months ago
Hello again.. I see that you were able to view my answer last month, but you did not ask any follow ups or leave me any feed back. Please let me know how else I can help and please kindly keep in mind that we experts do not receive a salary from this website. We only receive credit when you leave a good rating for us with the stars ★★★★★. It is very important to me. This is my job. Thank you for your consideration of our work and time here.