Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I need an extension of my B1 Visa as I am trying to get an…

I need an extension...

I need an extension of my B1 Visa as I am trying to get an E2 Visa and we had some trouble with contracts. Now the i539 asks if I am employed in the USA - and I know it tells me the dilemma of having to start a company but not allowed to work. So what do I write - not employed ??

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the U.S. government?

Not yet ...

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about the visa?

No ... I got horrendous charges here in Las Vegas - seems not acceptable.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No ... that seems to be fine.

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/28/2018
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney

Hello, my name is***** & I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. I'm reviewing your question and will be with you in a few minutes.

You should write not employed as you are not supposed to be working while on B1 visa.

Good luck to you and I hope this answer has helped you.

Please kindly click "Finish by RATING" and choose a rating from the STARS ★★★★★. The question will NOT finish or close after you click and rate me. DON'T WORRY. It will stay OPEN after you rate me and I can continue to answer your follow up questions at no additional charge, if you have any.

The stars are very important. If you don't RATE , I receive zero credit for my time with you. Hopefully you can rate me 3 stars or more. 5 stars rating is the best!

Again, if you have additional follow up questions for me, please ask and I will be happy to clarify. Your satisfaction is my #1 goal.

Any bonus you feel I earned is always very appreciated. For any NEW questions you have in the future that you would like only me to answer, you can begin the new post with the words "FOR JEN."

Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Thank you Jen. Now I have heard from my banker that a French customer of him had done so and they opened Facebook and said - you have been working and she got deported. I agree with you and I made it that way ... was just curious if there is a different approach. Again Thanks.