Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

Guillermo, I have a new question. I am thinking to sell

Hi Guillermo,I have a new...
Hi Guillermo,I have a new question. I am thinking to sell online classes. I live in U.S with a F1 status. But if I use my Chinese bank account to receive the income from online classes selling and all the money goes to China. Is this will effect my F1 status in United States? By the way, the platform I may use for selling will be a U.S platform.Thanks!
3/28/2018
Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney

You are gambling that USCIS will never find out, that no one will report you, etc. All it takes is for you to get into one disagreement with a friend, relative, student or customer and they can report you to USCIS. You are NOT supposed to work in the U.S. while on F-1 status unless you have valid authorization to do so. If you value your status, you will not work.

Let me know if you need anything else, but please do not forget that positive rating. Thank you!

Ok, I see, I thought if the money goes to China, it will be different.
It is more clearly now.
Thank you! I won't work in United States, right now, I am just use CPT to do a marketing job.