Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

My wife, my daughter and I were approved the I 140. We are…

hello - my wife...
hello - my wife , my daughter and I were approved the I 140. We are on the medical exams.1. March 5th this year we went to an approved dr and took some exams at the clinic including blood work. she told us that we needed a few more tests such as varicela and rubiola and tetanous and that we could do it somewhere else and bring her the results so she could give us all the paperwork.2. my wife does not wants to take the fu shot. The dr. said that the flu shot is required until march 31st, so we decided to take all other exams and wait until April 1st to submit our paperwork to our immigration lawyer.3. I met with the same dr. today and she will fill out again the paperwork this Sunday April 1st however she wants to do again the blood work and all the other tests that she made on us on the first visit. I told her that I thought that those tests were valid for 1 year. she said that she didn't know and she was going to ask .Do you know if we need to take them again if we took them less than 1 month ago? I don't understand why she is willing to accept tests from other clinics and why the initial tests need to be done again. is there a requirement that the tests that she made on our first visit are done the same day the paperwork was filled out? or can she use the tests that she did on us less than 1 month ago? I don't want to have to pay another $900 for the same tests that she already did.She will do the paperwork again on Sunday but I hope she can use the prior tests and not have to do them again. pease explain....
3/28/2018
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list or the promises made to you by the site as to the response time. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post.

Kindly give me a few minutes to prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

You do not have to redo the tests. Te examination is valid for one year. The doctor's office should have known this information since her office has been approved by USCIS to do the examinations. So long as the exam is done not more one year before your application for benefits, the tests are still valid. Click here for more information.

https://www.uscis.gov/policymanual/HTML/PolicyManual-Volume8-PartB-Chapter4.html#S-C-4

Best wishes,

A 5-star positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating. However, that is how I get paid for answering questions on this site.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
the dr can fill out the immigration paperwork on April 1st so we don't have to take the flu shot and she can use the tests she did on us a few weeks ago? The only reason we are waiting for April 1st is because we don't want to take the flu shot...

Yes, that is correct.