Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

If a legal permanent resident father files for his unmarried…

Customer Question
If a legal permanent...

If a legal permanent resident father files for his unmarried daughter over 21 and grand kids under 21 in 2014 but one of the grand kids age out before priority date becomes current, what is likely to happen? Will that grand child be prohibited from getting a green card the same time as the mother?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps has he taken? Has he filed any paperwork with the U.S. government?

Yes he has. he filed the necessary documents through a lawyer.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has he talked to a lawyer about this?

Initially he did. it was done through one.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

He did file for his other kids all under 21 and they all got their green card, it's just the one child over 21 now that i'm querying about.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
3/27/2018
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney replied 3 months ago
Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 15 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Also, please do NOT click on the Opt Out button because if you do, it would prevent me from communicating with you and then it could take a long time before another expert responds to you.

Please give me a few minutes to review your question and I will be right with you with an answer. Sorry for any delay. I may have to do some research and at the same time I read and type fast, but not that fast! Thank you for your patience.

Ok thank you.
Still there?

Yes, I am. Please remember that I asked for a few minutes, right?

Sorry about that.
I'll wait.
I'm seeing where I was charged an additional 33USD. Do you mind explaining that charge?

I was about to respond. So before I respond and try to help you, are you saying that you are in disagreement with the charge? Please re-read the process. $5 is only a deposit to ASK a question. If an expert responds, you are charged the rest of the money that you determined you believed your question was worth. It is not really reasonable for you to think you would get to speak to an experienced and licensed attorney from the comfort of your own home or office pretty much live for just $5.

If you are not satisfied, the website will refund 100% of your money. It is a detriment to me because I am like a sub-contractor, not given a salary to be here, just a small portion of your deposit IF you are satisfied. So before I go on and spend my time that I am not compensated for, I have to make sure that you are clear because I don't want to spend my time and then you will ask for a refund. I will do my best to satisfy you with my service, but not if you are in disagreement with the payment terms. Please let me know. Thank you.