Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

Whether a person can work from home instead of working from…

Whether a person can work...
Whether a person can work from home instead of working from office location? Should the location in i129 should show the Home address ?
3/26/2018
Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 15 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Also, please do NOT click on the Opt Out button because if you do, it would prevent me from communicating with you and then it could take a long time before another expert responds to you.

Please give me a few minutes to review your question and I will be right with you with an answer. Sorry for any delay. I may have to do some research and at the same time I read and type fast, but not that fast! Thank you for your patience.

Sorry for the delay. I just ask that if it is bad news that you not shoot the messenger. Shooting the messenger is either leaving a negative rating (usually reserved for rude or unprofessional experts) or not leaving a positive rating at all.

What status are you currently in? H-1B? What does the Labor Condition Attestation (LCA) say?

This is for an H1B employee with LCA in Florida and need to work from other state due to personal constraint to stay with family in TX. Can his employer file an LCA follow d by amendment in TX so that he can work from Home?

Hello and welcome back. Please remember to use FOR GUILLERMO in the subject line and message box so that no one else grabs the question and I can become your personal immigration consultant.

Since the employee will be working in an area outside of that covered by the LCA, then yes, a new LCA and an amendment would have to be filed.

Let me know if you need anything else, but please do not forget that positive rating. Thank you!

Thanks for response.. one last question.. there is no restriction for an employee to work from home in H1, correct?

As long as it is covered by the LCA, no, there should not be an issue.

Thanks!!

Thank you for the positive rating. If you would like to request me in the future for a different topic, please remember to put FOR GUILLERMO in the subject line and message box. Good luck to you!