Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I requested an expedite with USCIS with was approved based…

I requested an expedite with...
I requested an expedite with USCIS with was approved based on extreme financial hardship reasons. It was approved and send to the NVC and am awaiting case number. Can I request an expedite before my case number ***** ***** at nvc or should i wait? I’m not sure how this works. Thank you
3/26/2018
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. There is no specific course of action is proposed and no attorney-client relationship or privilege formed within this conversation. (You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by the website and you are under no obligation to accept.)

What was the expedited request for? As in, an I-131, etc?

It was an I-130 petition approval as USCIS with expedite.

Thank you. One can request an expedited service from NVC even before a case number ***** ***** using the A# ***** example, or just the name.

There is no mandate to wait until a NVC number is *****

"I STRIVE FOR FIVE!" My goal is to answer your question to your satisfaction. Please rate with five stars (★★★★★) and click SEND. It does not cost anything extra to rate. You may need to scroll left/right/up/down to see these stars. Rating my answer the bottom two stars or failing to submit the rating reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. If you are not satisfied for whatever reason, or, have follow up questions, please simply reply with SEND before or after rating and let's continue to chat until you are satisfied. This is what I am here for.

Ely, Counselor at Law
Thank you!

No problem. Good luck...