Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I just had my i90 form to replace a misplaced card rejected…

Customer Question
I just had my...

I just had my i90 form to replace a misplaced green card rejected with my money sent back. What do I do? I have been a us resident for 23 years!

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the U.S. government?

Yes I felled the I 90 form to replace lost green card. It came back rejected

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about the green card?

No it was just a straight forward renewal it has never been a problem in the past

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have been a resident for 23 years and all my children are citizens

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
3/25/2018
Immigration Lawyer: Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney replied 3 months ago
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney

Hello, my name is***** & I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. I'm reviewing your question and will be with you in a few minutes.

Thank you
No I prefer text
Are you still there?
Hello......
Evidently you just want the 59 dollars!!!

Yes, I am here. Sorry for the delay. I have not abandoned you at all.

Maybe you sent the wrong amount of a check. How much did you send? And what does the reasoning say?

I just cancelled as you did not respond I thought it was another scam��

But your question is still opened, so it is not canceled. If you would like to continue talking, I can let customer service know.

Also please note I did ask you to give me a few minutes when I first greeted you. Only 5 minutes had passed and I was coming right back.

Please let me know if you'd like to continue.

Ok I sent the 540.00 dollar fee with my i90 application as I was told to do at my info pass appointment. Unfortunately they rejected my app with no explanation and sent the fee back.
I cannot understand all this as uscis said they sent me my new green card in feb 2016. It never came however and it has subsequently become a struggle. I have filled 2 more i90s to replace it and for some reason both i90s have been rejected for no apparent reason. I am at a loss as to what to do ��

That is strange $540 is the correct fee and must be written to the Department of Homeland security and mailed to:

USCIS
P.O. Box 21262
Phoenix, AZ 85036

If you have already done your biometrics in the last year, then you do not need to do them again and you should only pay $455. Maybe that is the issue. Try sending only $455 and see what happens.

Good luck to you and I hope this answer has helped you.

Please kindly click "Finish by RATING" and choose a rating from the STARS ★★★★★. The question will NOT finish or close after you click and rate me. DON'T WORRY. It will stay OPEN after you rate me and I can continue to answer your follow up questions at no additional charge, if you have any.

The stars are very important. If you don't RATE , I receive zero credit for my time with you. Hopefully you can rate me 3 stars or more. 5 stars rating is the best!

Again, if you have additional follow up questions for me, please ask and I will be happy to clarify. Your satisfaction is my #1 goal.

Any bonus you feel I earned is always very appreciated. For any NEW questions you have in the future that you would like only me to answer, you can begin the new post with the words "FOR JEN."

Thank you Jen
Immigration Lawyer: Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney replied 2 months ago

You are very welcome. Please kindly don't forget to issue a rating using the star on the top.

Thanks so much.

Hi again- are you having issues with how to leave a rating? Sometimes it's hard to figure out. Please let me know.