Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I am currently working on H2b visa in Arizona with a i94…

I am currently working...

I am currently working on H2b visa in Arizona with a i94 valid until 15 May. I would like to move to b2 visa. I have my i539 ready and my documents but I don’t know where to send the documents

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the U.S. government?

No not yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about the visa?

Yes

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

They said I need to file buti don’t know to what adress

3/25/2018
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 15 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Also, please do NOT click on the Opt Out button because if you do, it would prevent me from communicating with you and then it could take a long time before another expert responds to you.

Please give me a few minutes to review your question and I will be right with you with an answer. Sorry for any delay. I may have to do some research and at the same time I read and type fast, but not that fast! Thank you for your patience.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you!
In addition to that. I now I have to file form i539 and documents
- passport
-visa
-I 94
-bank statement
-plane ticket
375$ money order
What other documents do I need?
Do I need to send a letter to show the reason why I would like to change my status? I just want to travel

Sorry for the delay. I just ask that if the news is not good that you not shoot the messenger. Shooting the messenger is either leaving a negative rating (usually reserved for rude or unprofessional experts) or not leaving a positive rating at all.

Here is the official link:

https://www.uscis.gov/i-539-addresses

It's going to be Dallas, TX which is all the way at the bottom.

Your list of items is pretty complete. I would write a letter that answers the following:

1) How much time do you need?

2) Why do you need so much time?

3) Why you couldn't do what you needed to do during the time you have already had?

4) How will you be supporting yourself for this additional time since you are not allowed to work?

5) What STRONG ties do you have to your home country to ensure that you will go back?

6) What preparations have you made to go back?

The items you have on your list will serve to support what you say in your letter.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, you may have to scroll up to the top of the page or click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.

Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you for you’re response!
Few more things!
Is it ok if I’m going to ask a travel company to reserve my ticket!? I don’t wanna pay in case my visa is not approved!
And when I send the documents, do I need a special envelope? Or can I just send throw fedex,
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Can you still answer to my question,? Thank you so much
Check the address when sending. There is a special address for FedEx. As for reserving the ticket think to yourself what would be more convincing for a USCIS officer, having a full ticket purchased or just a reserved ticket?
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.