Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I have forgot to attach my valid re-entry permit which will…

Hi Jen, I have forgot...
Hi Jen, I have forgot to attach my valid re-entry permit which will expire on November 1st (which is 7 months valid from now) when I am applying for new one. What should I do now? Thanks in advance.
3/25/2018
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney

Hello, my name is***** & I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. I'm reviewing your question and will be with you in a few minutes.

I'm sorry but I didn't understand your question. Please rephrase it.

Hi Jen, I have applied I-131 for Re-entry permit. I have been out of country for some time from November 2016 till March 21, 2018. I entered using my valid re-entry permit that is valid till November 1st, 2018. I applied for re-entry permit on March 21st but forgot to send my valid re-entry permit. What should be done now?I am referring to answer you sent at this link.
https://my-secure.justanswer.com/question/guest/199635ae1e06412891f4ae136fc14536

If USCIS needs your current reentry permit, they will write to you and send a Request for additional documents asking for it and then you can send it in. Otherwise, they do not need it. Usually they do not need it.

Good luck to you and I hope this answer has helped you.

Please kindly click "Finish by RATING" and choose a rating from the STARS ★★★★★. The question will NOT finish or close after you click and rate me. DON'T WORRY. It will stay OPEN after you rate me and I can continue to answer your follow up questions at no additional charge, if you have any.

The stars are very important. If you don't RATE , I receive zero credit for my time with you. Hopefully you can rate me 3 stars or more. 5 stars rating is the best!

Again, if you have additional follow up questions for me, please ask and I will be happy to clarify. Your satisfaction is my #1 goal.

Any bonus you feel I earned is always very appreciated. For any NEW questions you have in the future that you would like only me to answer, you can begin the new post with the words "FOR JEN."

Any suggestion is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
If USCIS needs your current reentry permit, they will write to you and send a Request for additional documents asking for it and then you can send it in. Otherwise, they do not need it. Usually they do not need it.Good luck to you and I hope this answer has helped you.Please kindly click "Finish by RATING" and choose a rating from the STARS ★★★★★. The question will NOT finish or close after you click and rate me. DON'T WORRY. It will stay OPEN after you rate me and I can continue to answer your follow up questions at no additional charge, if you have any. The stars are very important. If you don't RATE , I receive zero credit for my time with you. Hopefully you can rate me 3 stars or more. 5 stars rating is the best! Again, if you have additional follow up questions for me, please ask and I will be happy to clarify. Your satisfaction is my #1 goal.Any bonus you feel I earned is always very appreciated. For any NEW questions you have in the future that you would like only me to answer, you can begin the new post with the words "FOR JEN."
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Would they ask for the old re-entry permit before sending the bio-metric appointment notice or after sending the bio-metric appointment notice? I have to go back on April 20th and hoping that I would receive the notice before I go out of country.

Usually after sending the biometric appointment notice.