Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

Mrs From the last question that you answered for me about…

Mrs Marie From the last question...
Mrs Marie
From the last question that you answered for me about the possible marriage fraud, with the Bangladeshi woman, I have been informed by a friend, that if a green card holder who came through marriage to an American, wants to remarry after being with the American Husband for less then 5 years, she can not submit the I-130 for a new husband without first proving the prior marriage was a bonified marriage,, also would a divorce from the Mosque in Bangladesh, be accepted by uscis, or would she need a divorce here in America
3/25/2018
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney

Hello, my name is***** & I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. I'm reviewing your question and will be with you in a few minutes.

You didn't ask me about her future marriages before. You only asked me what you can do to take her green card away and that is what I answered for you.

First of all, if she is in the US and not in Bangladesh, a divorce in Bangladesh will not count for the US. She can only get divorced in Bangladesh, if she is living there.

As for petitioning a new husband with an I-130, yes she can petition him even before 5 years. She can submit the application. However she will be asked to provide evidence that the marriage to you was bonafide.

Good luck to you and I hope this answer has helped you.

Please kindly click "Finish by RATING" and choose a rating from the STARS ★★★★★. The question will NOT finish or close after you click and rate me. DON'T WORRY. It will stay OPEN after you rate me and I can continue to answer your follow up questions at no additional charge, if you have any.

The stars are very important. If you don't RATE , I receive zero credit for my time with you. Hopefully you can rate me 3 stars or more. 5 stars rating is the best!

Again, if you have additional follow up questions for me, please ask and I will be happy to clarify. Your satisfaction is my #1 goal.

Any bonus you feel I earned is always very appreciated. For any NEW questions you have in the future that you would like only me to answer, you can begin the new post with the words "FOR JEN."

Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Ok, great news