Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I am uk citizen living in USA where can I renew passport…

Customer Question
I am uk citizen living...
I am uk citizen living in USA where can I renew passport
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
3/25/2018
Immigration Lawyer: Bill Attorney, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
Bill Attorney

Dear Customer ,

Thank You for posting your legal question today. I'm attorney Bill assisting you.

As a foreign alien in the US you can either contact your nearest consulate or embassy within the US to renew your passport or exit the US and renew it in your native country.

Here is a list of your country's diplomatic offices in the US

https://united-kingdom.visahq.com/embassy/united-states/

I'm an independent legal expert and get a credit when you take the time this evening to leave a positive rating.

You do this by rating 5*****, 4**** or better.

FIVE STARS or your rating is much appreciated in this regard.

Best

Attorney Bill

Bill ... FYI .. option to renew GB passport at consulate. Have to renew in UK. See below :Thank you for your enquiry. The British Embassy in Washington no longer processes passport applications for the Americas, as the production has migrated to the UK. We are therefore unable to assist with passport enquiries.
For information on how to obtain or renew a UK passport, please visit https://www.gov.uk/overseas-passports.Passport Adviceline: Alternatively, customers can call the Passport Adviceline +44 (0)(###) ###-####Complaints: If you wish to register a complaint or seek further correspondence, please email***@******.***If you need to travel urgently: Information how to apply for an emergency travel document and where to send your application, please visit https://www.gov.uk/emergency-travel-document.

Yes thank you for the update , I'm here to advise you about American law. If your consulate has withdrawn passport applications inside the US then you need to follow up with your Secretary of State and Ministry for Foreign Affairs in your country.

They may allow you to renew by postal application so you can stay in the US but please contact your passport office in this regard.

Best

Attorney Bill