Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I have an immigration question. Not yet

Customer Question
I have an immigration...

I have an immigration question

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the U.S. government?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?

Not yet

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/24/2018
Immigration Lawyer: Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer replied 3 months ago
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions. I am reviewing it and will post your answer momentarily.

Welcome to JustAnswer! I have 34 years experience as an immigration attorney and I am here to help resolve your immigration issue. Tackling these issues can sometimes get confusing. Should you need to chat on the phone or document review, I am able to do that for an additional cost. Let me know at any time during our question and answer session if you are interested.

How can I help you?

Judith

Okay great thank you...
So my father was an Asylee, as his son he brought home to the US as a derivative when I was 18 under asylee status also..now he just became a us citizen and he told me I can automatically acquire citizenship I’m not sure if that’s true because I am 25years old I do have a green card but not eligible for citizenship until December next year based on the 4year date on my greeen card..so just wondering if he is correct

He is not correct. Under the Child Citizenshp Act of 2000 a child who is a permanent resident and whose parent naturalizes prior to the child's 18th birthday may file the N-600 for a transmission of citizenship if itis filed before the 18th birthday.

I hope that helps! Please let me know if you have any other questions. I appreciate this opportunity to help you. I do not receive a salary here at JustAnswer, and am only compensated for my time after receiving a rating. If you are very satisfied with my answer please take a moment to click on the 5 stars at the top of the page. The question thread remains open and you can ask follow-up questions.

Judith