Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I would like to get some general advice about I-130. We are…

Customer Question
Hello! i would like...

Hello! i would like to get some general advice about I-130.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the U.S. government?

We are in process of getting everything together for the firts step - I130. I had to come back to my home country before we were able to apply, I overstayed my visa, but it was less tahn 180 days. Now my husband is working on papaerwork and sending everything to me - I will complete it and send it. I do have multiple questions, should I write them now?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about the green card?

I have not, WE are doing everything by ourselves, I just looked up all the information

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
3/24/2018
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney replied 3 months ago
Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 15 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Also, please do NOT click on the Opt Out button because if you do, it would prevent me from communicating with you and then it could take a long time before another expert responds to you.

Please give me a few minutes to review your question and I will be right with you with an answer. Sorry for any delay. I may have to do some research and at the same time I read and type fast, but not that fast! Thank you for your patience.

Sorry for the delay. I just ask that if it is bad news that you not shoot the messenger. Shooting the messenger is either leaving a negative rating (usually reserved for rude or unprofessional experts) or not leaving a positive rating at all.

So what are your multiple questions?

I do not know why you are not responding, but you are not charged per question, per response, nor per answer. So after I give you my answer, you can continue to ask me questions without additional charge until you are satisfied. I apologize if it is a site issue that you posted and the post did not go through.

So what are your multiple questions?