Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

The petitioner must be permitted to inspect the record of…

Customer Question
The petitioner must be...

The petitioner must be permitted to inspect the record of proceedings,
must be advised of derogatory evidence of which he is unaware,
and must be offered an opportunity to rebut such evidence
and to present evidence in his behalf

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps has he taken? Has he filed any paperwork with the U.S. government?

I-130

Lawyer's Assistant: Has he talked to a lawyer about the green card?

NO

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

USCIS sent me a notice of intent to revoke, but I did not know why? i want to know why and what i have to do ASAP

Submitted: 26 days ago.Category: Immigration Law
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
HELLOOOOO
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/24/2018
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer replied 26 days ago
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 15 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Also, please do NOT click on the Opt Out button because if you do, it would prevent me from communicating with you and then it could take a long time before another expert responds to you.

Please give me a few minutes to review your question and I will be right with you with an answer. Sorry for any delay. I may have to do some research and at the same time I read and type fast, but not that fast! Thank you for your patience.

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
please try ASAP

Sorry for the delay. I just ask that if the news is not good that you not shoot the messenger. Shooting the messenger is either leaving a negative rating (usually reserved for rude or unprofessional experts) or not leaving a positive rating at all.

What is the rush? Nothing is going to happen on the weekend. Are you asking me to tell you what the Notice of Intent to Revoke says? I cannot do that because private attorneys do not have special access to USCIS records. I will see the same things that you can see online. I always tell my clients NOT to look at the online updates because it just serves to make clients nervous. So is that what you did? You looked online and say that they sent a NOIR and you are freaking out because you do not know why?

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
NOOOO, USCIS sent me a notice that they want to revoke my son's case. kindly find the attachment and reply me ASAP

Ok. So let's start with who filed the petition for your son? What was their status at that time and what was your son's status at the time?

Also, I will be going to have breakfast soon, so please excuse any delay. I know you are in a hurry, but like I said, nothing is going to happen during a weekend. No one is going to come knocking on your son's door to deport him today or tomorrow or even any time soon.

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
FIRSTLY, I want you to know that my son is outside USA. he is in Jordan. he is 16 years old and he is single.
I am his father, US citizen, who submit I-130 for him

Ok. And how old is your son? Is your son married or single? What is the Priority Date of the I-130? How did his father get U.S. Lawful Permanent Residency before getting U.S. Citizenship?

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
I told you that he is 16 years old and single.
the priority date is 02 Oct. 2017
i got my green card through my parents

Sorry. I missed that. You are the father? This situation doesn't make sense. If you are the father, you got LPR status through your parents, and you got U.S. Citizenship legitimately, there should be no reason that the I-130 should be revoked. Was there any issue with your parents getting U.S. Citizenship? Was there any issue with you getting U.S. Citizenship?

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
no, and at the same time I field petition for my other kids and my wife. they ask me to send a photos in regards ***** ***** wife's petition and they did not send anything for my other children just for this child although that I submitted the petitions at the same time
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
still with me

Sorry, as I said, I was going to have breakfast. I am back with you now. The only thing I can think of is that perhaps you did not submit enough evidence to prove that you are the child's father. What evidence did you submit with the I-130?

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
birth certificate and marriage contract

Your name appears on your son's birth certificate? You were married to your son's mother at the time of his birth? Did they send a Request For Evidence (RFE) during the I-130 processing period?

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
everything is okay and i did not receive a request for evidence
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
what I have to do now?

Ok. It means that you have 30 days from the date of that letter to submit evidence that you are a U.S. Citizen and that your son is you son. So you should RE-submit the birth certificate (the long form if you have it), the marriage certificate to show you were married to his mother when he was born, and a letter declaring that he is your son. You may also want to look into submitting DNA evidence. Here is a link:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/family-immigration/dna-relationship-testing-procedures.html

I know you have already submitted some of that evidence previously, but RE-submit it. Sometimes the people at USCIS are idiots. It happens.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, you may have to scroll up to the top of the page or click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.

Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer replied 22 days ago

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.