Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I would like to explore my options regarding being a

Hi, I would like...

Hi, I would like to explore my options regarding being a permanent u.s resident. I do not have any relatives in the u.s or a job which would sponsor me. However I would like to ask about the entreprenur immigration visa, what would I need to do to be considered an entreprenur. Also I would like to explore other ways where I could get a green card

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the U.S. government?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about the visa?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I applied for a visitor visa i have my interview nxt week .

3/24/2018
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney

Hello, my name is***** & I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. I'm reviewing your question and will be with you in a few minutes.

I believe you are referring to the EB-5 investor visa. If you can invest at least $500,000 in a company in the US, there is a special green card program. You would also have to create 10 or more jobs for U.S. workers through this investment.

The only other ways that exist for a green card besides family or a company sponsor you would be:

1. applying for asylum.

You must prove that if you returned to your home country, you will be persecuted there on account of your religion, race, nationality, religion, or membership in a particular social group.

You would have to show that you would be persecuted for the reasons I listed. It has to be something that is happening only to you or a small group and not to the general population. You would have to apply for this within 1 year of entering the US.

2. The last way is through the diversity visa ( which is a lottery). Here is more information on that. http://www.uscis.gov/green-card/other-ways-get-green-card/green-card-through-diversity-immigration-visa-program/green-card-through-diversity-immigrant-visa-program

I'm sorry, I wish there were other options but I must be honest with you. Hope you can understand that I don't make the laws and I cant change them.

Good luck to you and I hope this answer has helped you.

Please kindly click "Finish by RATING" and choose a rating from the STARS ★★★★★. The question will NOT finish or close after you click and rate me. DON'T WORRY. It will stay OPEN after you rate me and I can continue to answer your follow up questions at no additional charge, if you have any.

The stars are very important. If you don't RATE , I receive zero credit for my time with you. Hopefully you can rate me 3 stars or more. 5 stars rating is the best!

Again, if you have additional follow up questions for me, please ask and I will be happy to clarify. Your satisfaction is my #1 goal.

Any bonus you feel I earned is always very appreciated. For any NEW questions you have in the future that you would like only me to answer, you can begin the new post with the words "FOR JEN."

Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney