Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

Guillermo, I filed an I-751 and it was received December 27…

Hi Guillermo, I filed an I-751...
Hi Guillermo,
I filed an I-751 and it was received December 27 2017. I received the notice of action which explains that my status has been extended another year. My green card says that the expiration date is March 24 2018. I understand that since I received the notice, the expiration date now is March 24 2019 and that all the proof I need is the notice of action. Is that all I need to re-entry the country and to send my employee or is there something else I should do?
Also, if March 2019 comes around and I haven't heard from the USCIS, what should I do? I know by then I will be able to file a N-400 but what do I do in between?
Thanks,
Maria Rosa
3/24/2018
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer

Hello. Sorry for the delay. Yes, all you need is the green card and that notice of action to enter the U.S. If you haven't heard anything by just before March 2019, you can go to http://infopass.uscis.gov/ and ask for a renewal stamp. And you can also file an N400 when you are eligible to get them to make a decision on the I-751.

Let me know if you need anything else, but please do not forget that positive rating. Thank you!

Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.