Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

Have a question about my Card. I am on EB3 India and my

Customer Question
Have a question about...

Have a question about my Green Card. I am on EB3 India and my priority date is going to be current sometime in June this year but my situation is i am going thru a divorce and my wife is in India now. I want to apply only for my Green Card. Is it possible .?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the U.S. government?

My I-140 is approved

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about the EB-3 visa?

Not yet just want to know if its possible to apply only for my Green Card when my priority date becomes current

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
3/23/2018
Immigration Lawyer: Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer replied 3 months ago
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions. I am reviewing it and will post your answer momentarily.

Welcome to JustAnswer! I have 34 years experience as an immigration attorney and I am here to help resolve your immigration issue. Tackling these issues can sometimes get confusing. Should you need to chat on the phone or document review, I am able to do that for an additional cost. Let me know at any time during our question and answer session if you are interested.

If it is your petition YES you can file independently without your wife filing her I-485. There is no requirement she file with you.

I hope that helps! Please let me know if you have any other questions. I appreciate this opportunity to help you. I do not receive a salary here at JustAnswer, and am only compensated for my time after receiving a rating. If you are very satisfied with my answer please take a moment to click on the 5 stars at the top of the page. The question thread remains open and you can ask follow-up questions.

Judith