Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I applied my social security card, but it says for work only…

Hi I applied my social...
Hi I applied my social security card, but it says for work only if I have the authorization from the dept of homeland security. May I know it is based on what to categorize I can not work with this card? And how can I get the authorization from the adept of homelands security? What is the procedure of applying? I can not survive without working here. Thank you
I am holding a IW1 visa.
3/23/2018
Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney

Hello and welcome back. Please remember to use FOR GUILLERMO in the subject line and message box so that no one else grabs the question and I can become your personal immigration consultant.

As I explained last night, that designation will not be removed until you become a U.S. Citizen. To work, you will just show that card AND the green card. Both will allow you to work.

Let me know if you need anything else, but please do not forget that positive rating. Thank you!

Thank you

You are very welcome! Thank you for the positive rating. If you would like to request me in the future for a different topic, please remember to put FOR GUILLERMO in the subject line and message box. Good luck to you!