Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I was caught stealing two lipsticks from Walmart one year…

I was caught stealing...

I was caught stealing two lipsticks from Walmart one year ago but there was no police involved I paid the civil demand and I have a naturalization interview next week do you think I will be denied for citizenship

Lawyer's Assistant: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.

Hi

Lawyer's Assistant: Hello. How can I help?

Lawyer's Assistant: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.

K

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the U.S. government?

One year ago

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about the citizenship application?

My interview is next week

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not yet

3/22/2018
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney

Hello, my name is***** & I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. I'm reviewing your question and will be with you in a few minutes.

Ok

Did you disclose these events on your N-400 application?

It was happened after I filed the n400form
Right after two months
Are you there

Yes I am here. You opted me out twice while I was preparing your answer and I cannot respond to you once you opt me out and I have to request to be opted back in which takes very long. I am back now :)

Technically you should report this when you go to your interview because the N-400 asks about any crimes you were not arrested for also. During the interview they will ask you if your answers are still correct. It is is up to you to tell them or not. If you tell them, there is a chance that you can be denied because that took place within the last 5 years. It was not terribly serious so the chances are not high that you will be denied because of it. You may want to take letters of recommendation from people that know you (friends, neighbors, employer) to help boost your moral character.

Good luck to you and I hope this answer has helped you.

Please kindly click "Finish by RATING" and choose a rating from the STARS ★★★★★. The question will NOT finish or close after you click and rate me. DON'T WORRY. It will stay OPEN after you rate me and I can continue to answer your follow up questions at no additional charge, if you have any.

The stars are very important. If you don't RATE , I receive zero credit for my time with you. Hopefully you can rate me 3 stars or more. 5 stars rating is the best!

Again, if you have additional follow up questions for me, please ask and I will be happy to clarify. Your satisfaction is my #1 goal.

Any bonus you feel I earned is always very appreciated. For any NEW questions you have in the future that you would like only me to answer, you can begin the new post with the words "FOR JEN."

what happen if I don’t tell them about it

The risk is if they somehow know about it and then can accuse you of lying. It is unlikely that they would know, but it is up to you to tell them or not.

I hope this has helped and that you can kindly issue a positive rating.

Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Sure thank you so much

You're very welcome.