Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I’m married USA citizen. Right now we are waiting for

Hi. I’m married USA...

Hi. I’m married USA citizen. Right now we are waiting for interview for green card for me. My question is about my daughter ( 13 years old). She was living with her father in Latvia. Her dad died in January and now I’m only parent. How I can get my daughter here before interview? I can’t left USA because I’m still not having green card yet

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the U.S. government?

Yes, next Wednesday I will have fingerprints

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?

They said it will take two years. But I’m a only who she have

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I can’t leave and at the same time I need take care of my child

What I and my husband have to do?
Why nobody is answering?
3/22/2018
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions. I am reviewing it and will post your answer momentarily.

Welcome to JustAnswer! I have 34 years experience as an immigration attorney and I am here to help resolve your immigration issue. Tackling these issues can sometimes get confusing. Should you need to chat on the phone or document review, I am able to do that for an additional cost. Let me know at any time during our question and answer session if you are interested.

My apologies for the delay. This is not a chat room, this is message board and the legal experts have active immigration practices and are often on the phone or in consultation with clients.

Your husband will need to file an I-130 for your daughter. There is no way that your daughter is able to immigrate here without a petition unless you came on a K visa.

If you entered the US on a K visa then your spouse needs to contact the National Visa Center and inform them that your daughter is going to follow to join you on a K dependent visa.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/national-visa-center.html

I hope that helps! Please let me know if you have any other questions. I appreciate this opportunity to help you. I do not receive a salary here at JustAnswer, and am only compensated for my time after receiving a rating. If you are very satisfied with my answer please take a moment to click on the 5 stars at the top of the page. The question thread remains open and you can ask follow-up questions.

Judith

Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer
If she will come here with ESTA before my interview, can I add her to my file? And would be able change her status?