Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

Dear. I used to be a USA resident but I lost my residency by…

Customer Question
I used to be...

I used to be a USA resident but I lost my residency by leaving the country some 28 years back. can I get the green card back?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?

Nope

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Just that, thanks a lot

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/22/2018
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney replied 4 months ago
Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 15 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Also, please do NOT click on the Opt Out button because if you do, it would prevent me from communicating with you and then it could take a long time before another expert responds to you.

Please give me a few minutes to review your question and I will be right with you with an answer. Sorry for any delay. I may have to do some research and at the same time I read and type fast, but not that fast! Thank you for your patience.

Sorry for the delay. I just ask that if the news is not good that you not shoot the messenger. Shooting the messenger is either leaving a negative rating (usually reserved for rude or unprofessional experts) or not leaving a positive rating at all.

Unfortunately, no. It has been too long. It's actually been much too long. But you might be able to get a new Residency. How did you get your Residency originally? Is that avenue still available to you?

no, I had it by regularization. I expired on the 2000
I have a san that was born there
How old is your son and is he living in the U.S.?
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney replied 3 months ago

I do not know why you are not responding, but you are not charged per question, per response, nor per answer. So after I give you my answer, you can continue to ask me questions without additional charge until you are satisfied. I apologize if it is a site issue that you posted and the post did not go through.