Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I have question regarding H1B Is it ok if I go for H1B

I have question regarding...

I have question regarding H1B Is it ok if I go for H1B filing through 2 consultants with two different resumes. Both resumes have same employers. But resumes differ in terms of job skillset & projects. This is because my profile is a mix profile.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the U.S. government?

Hi Mam There?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about the H-1B visa?

Did you check my question?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Nope just that

3/22/2018

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 15 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Also, please do NOT click on the Opt Out button because if you do, it would prevent me from communicating with you and then it could take a long time before another expert responds to you.

Sorry for the delay. I just ask that if the news is not good that you not shoot the messenger. Shooting the messenger is either leaving a negative rating (usually reserved for rude or unprofessional experts) or not leaving a positive rating at all.

No, it is not. While it may be for different positions, it is the same employer for the same employee. You can have two different employers file two H-1Bs for you, but not the same employer file two H-1Bs for you.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, you may have to scroll up to the top of the page or click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hi Sir, Thank you for your response. I completely understand that different employer can file H1B for me but my questions is will there be any issue with USCIS when they see 2 different resumes?

But you mean two different resumes with two different H-1B petitions but from the same employer?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Nope two different resume for two different positions with two different employer. Will USCIS compare Resume with previous petition and current petition?

If it is two different employers it should not be a problem. They probably won't even compare both resumes, but on the off chance that they do, as long as there is no fraud going on in either, you should be fine.

Let me know if you need anything else, but please do not forget that positive rating. Thank you!

Thank you for your kindness and respect. Good luck to you.

Thank you for the positive rating. If you would like to request me in the future for a different topic, please remember to put FOR GUILLERMO in the subject line and message box. Good luck to you!