Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I plan to visit the Philippines to get married I will be…

I plan to visit...

I plan to visit the Philippines to get married I will be there for 45 days, do I need to obtain a visa. They require a Certificate of no marriage do I obtain that from you

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the U.S. government?

I am a US citizen

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about the visa?

No I just want to know if I need a visa to go to the Philippines, I checked with the Philippines embassy and was told to check

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I am a citizen born in The United States I want to go to the Philippines to be married I will only be there for 45 day doI need a visa

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/21/2018
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney

Hello, my name is***** & I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. I'm reviewing your question and will be with you in a few minutes.

You do not need a visa to go for 21 days. If you need to stay longer, you can apply for an extension once you are there.

Good luck to you and I hope this answer has helped you.

Please kindly click "Finish by RATING" and choose a rating from the STARS ★★★★★. The question will NOT finish or close after you click and rate me. DON'T WORRY. It will stay OPEN after you rate me and I can continue to answer your follow up questions at no additional charge, if you have any.

The stars are very important. If you don't RATE , I receive zero credit for my time with you. Hopefully you can rate me 3 stars or more. 5 stars rating is the best!

Again, if you have additional follow up questions for me, please ask and I will be happy to clarify. Your satisfaction is my #1 goal.

Any bonus you feel I earned is always very appreciated. For any NEW questions you have in the future that you would like only me to answer, you can begin the new post with the words "FOR JEN."

They require a Certificate of no marriage, where do I obtain it.
I can’t see paying $59 for an answer for that question

I have not finished answering you. Thanks for your patience.

After a few minutes of waiting, we help other customers and return. I am back.

Yes you can get that certificate at the US embassy/consulate.

Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Thank you, ***** ***** been very helpful

You're very welcome