Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

My daughter-in-law wants to come here (from the Philippines)

Customer Question
My daughter-in-law wants to...

My daughter-in-law wants to come here (from the Philippines) to work in the US, she is legally married to my son, but he digresses from sponsoring her and his children to come over...can she apply for a work permit, or since I have a business can I sponsor her, and what form(s) would she/I use?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the U.S. government?

So far I have been nothing but CONFUSED by the forms and since the fees are not refundable if you submit a wrong form, we have not proceeded.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?

No, I live in SW Kansas and they deal in mostly immigrating from Mexico

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes, your fees

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
3/21/2018
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney replied 3 months ago
Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 15 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Also, please do NOT click on the Opt Out button because if you do, it would prevent me from communicating with you and then it could take a long time before another expert responds to you.

Please give me a few minutes to review your question and I will be right with you with an answer. Sorry for any delay. I may have to do some research and at the same time I read and type fast, but not that fast! Thank you for your patience.

Sorry for the delay. I just ask that if the news is not good that you not shoot the messenger. Shooting the messenger is either leaving a negative rating (usually reserved for rude or unprofessional experts) or not leaving a positive rating at all.

You probably won't be able to sponsor her, especially not with the new administration that wants U.S. jobs for U.S. workers. What is the job offer that you have in mind? What level of education does the job require?

I do not know why you are not responding, but you are not charged per question, per response, nor per answer. So after I give you my answer, you can continue to ask me questions without additional charge until you are satisfied. I apologize if it is a site issue that you posted and the post did not go through.

What is the job offer that you have in mind? What level of education does the job require?