Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

Can I get consultation with a lawyer about K1 Visa? I have…

Hi Can I get...

Hi Can I get consultation with a lawyer about K1 Visa? I have couple of questions that I want to ask before I apply.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the U.S. government?

Not yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about the K-1 visa?

No

3/21/2018
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney

Hello, my name is***** & I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. I'm reviewing your question and will be with you in a few minutes.

Sure what are your questions?

Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
My divorce is finalizing on Apr. 4th. Can I apply for K1 on Apr. 5th, or should I wait a while before doing so.
Phone call session started

There is no law that says you must wait a certain amount of time after a divorce in order to submit a K-1. You can legally do it the day after.

I see you requested a call, just confirming that you know it is an additional fee on top of what you paid for the regular chat. If not, we can continue here.

Please call me

Give me a few minutes.

Okay
Hi Jen
Are you still planning to call?
Aijaz

So sorry, my internet was having issues. I will call you shortly