Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I have my minor son who is 16 years old. he came from France…

I have my minor...

I have my minor son who is 16 years old. he came from France with a French Passport and ESTA. He wants to leave with me, not anymore with his mother. I have enrolled him in high school here in California and I have applied for I-130 and I-485. is he legally in the USA?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken? Has any paperwork been filed with the U.S. government?

He has the I-130 and I485 sent to Chicago.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about the green card?

No. I have received for the I-130 the I-797C notice of action "Petition for Alien Relative" and is in process. so I think I am good. For the I-485 Application to Register as Permanent Resident for my minor son I have received the form I-797C Rejection Notice, the reason being: "a visa is not immediately available for the priority date". he entered in the US on January 5, 2018. Is he legal? thank you!!

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No. Please connect me with a lawyer. By phone(###) ###-#### thank you. Adrian

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/20/2018
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney

Hello Adrian, my name is***** & I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. Are you a US citizen or what is your status in the US?

Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hi Jen Marie,
I have a Green card, so Lawful Permanent Resident.
Adrian
Phone call session started

.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you, ***** *****!
Adrian

You are very welcome!

Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney