Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

FOR GUILLERMO How does it take for I-131 to process? I live…

FOR GUILLERMOHow long does it...
FOR GUILLERMOHow long does it take for I-131 to process? I live in IL which service center should i check for processing times?
3/20/2018
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer

Re-Entry Permit or Advance Parole?

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
Re-entry

October 16, 2017 is what the Nebraska Service Center says, so about 5 months or so is the processing time.

Let me know if you need anything else, but please do not forget that positive rating. Thank you!

Texas Service Center is 2 weeks faster and no, you cannot pick or choose and at 2 weeks difference, it doesn't make that much of a difference anyway.

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
I just came across this and it is showing based on states.
https://www.uscis.gov/i-131-addresses

Ok, but there are no local processing times. Regardless, there is a 2 week difference. Does it really make that much of a difference?

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
ok, I will send to address listed at this site for Illinois state.For U.S. Postal Service:
USCIS
P.O. Box 21281
Phoenix, AZ 85036The applicants need to be physically in US in order to apply correct? Can they exit the US after applying for this re-entry document?
Customer reply replied 30 days ago
My parents plan to apply for this and will leave the country for a couple of months. They will come back for bio-metrics.

Yes, but only need to stay in the U.S. until they take their fingerprints which can be about 2 to 6 weeks after filing.

Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.