Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I have a employer who wants to sponsor me for eb2 or eb3…

I have a employer who...
I have a employer who wants to sponsor me for eb2 or eb3 visa? What are the requirements or can he file for me(f1) status visa?
3/20/2018
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 15 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Also, please do NOT click on the Opt Out button because if you do, it would prevent me from communicating with you and then it could take a long time before another expert responds to you.

Please give me a few minutes to review your question and I will be right with you with an answer. Sorry for any delay. I may have to do some research and at the same time I read and type fast, but not that fast! Thank you for your patience.

Sorry for the delay. I just ask that if the news is not good that you not shoot the messenger. Shooting the messenger is either leaving a negative rating (usually reserved for rude or unprofessional experts) or not leaving a positive rating at all.

Are you currently in the U.S.? In what status? What level of education do you have? What level of education does the job require? What country were you born in?

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
f1 status just graduated !masters degree. The job position is general manager! I was born in Nepal!

And you are in OPT now? How long do you have?

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
I have just applied for my opt and waiting for my ead card!i get a year for opt I think!
Customer reply replied 30 days ago
The employer has a clothing store so I just want to know if he can sponsor me or not?

It probably won't work unless you can prove that the general manager job requires at least a bachelors degree. Also, the employer has to go through a difficult and expensive process called a Labor Certification where the position is advertised in the local media, the employer must receive all resumes and eliminate all candidates for valid reasons, not just because they have a job for you. This is to prove that you would not be taking a job away from a U.S. worker. Here is a link:

https://www.foreignlaborcert.doleta.gov/perm.cfm

If you are able to get an approval of that, you can then go forward with the EB-3 green card. Here is a link:

https://www.uscis.gov/working-united-states/permanent-workers/employment-based-immigration-third-preference-eb-3

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, you may have to scroll up to the top of the page or click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
Is it same for the gas station owners who wants to sponsor ? So you are saying it might not work because there’s a long process but is there any probabilities ?

Well, for EB-3 is can be workers with a bachelors degree or higher or it can be skilled workers. So yes, there are possibilities, but the hard part is the PERM Labor Certification. The higher education that a job requires, the less chance there is of a U.S. worker being available for the job.

Let me know if you need anything else, but please do not forget to rate me positively. You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see the stars or smiley faces, please scroll to the top of the page to see them or click on my name and they should come out. Also, we do NOT finish just because it says "Rate to Finish" or something like that. Your question does NOT close and you can continue to ask questions without additional charge on the same question thread even after you leave a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding!

Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Customer reply replied 30 days ago
OK thank u!!

You are very welcome! Thank you for the positive rating. If you would like to request me in the future for a different topic, please remember to put FOR GUILLERMO in the subject line and message box. Good luck to you!

Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.