Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

Judith/ ------------------------------------ My friends

For James/Judith/Edward ------------------------------------ My friends employer asked...
For James/Judith/Edward
------------------------------------
My friends employer asked to fill a form of H1-B transfer questionnaire form, he was asked to fill A-NumberWhere can he find the A-Number.
3/20/2018
Edward Young

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney. I would be happy to provide assistance. Please give me a few minutes to formulate a response. Also, please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

You can find the A Number in a variety of different places:

1. Employment Authorization Document (work permit). On an EAD, the A-Number is ***** as a nine-digit number underneath the label USCIS#.
  2. Some versions of the Notice of Action may contain the Alien Registration Number. In the I-797C (biometrics notice), for example, the A-Number is ***** in the top/right of the document next to USCIS#.
  3. His A-Number should be on the Employer’s I-9 document
  4. See these links for more information on where to find an A-Number:

https://citizenpath.com/faq/find-alien-registration-number/
    https://www.uscis.gov/file-online/immigrant-fee-payment-tips-finding-your-number-and-dos-case-id

I hope this helps. Please go ahead and rate me. If you have any follow-up or clarification questions, please ask! There is no additional fee. If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service (hopefully Excellent/5 stars!) at the top of the screen. Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating! A BONUS is also appreciated if you feel I've earned one today.

Have I answered all your questions? If so, please rate me. I get no credit for my work for you unless you rate me. If you have any follow-up or clarification questions, please ask! There is no additional fee.

Edward Young