Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

On February 14th, i received the (enclosed) Approval Notice,

Customer Question
Hello, On February 14th, i received...
On February 14th, i received the (enclosed) Approval Notice, subjected to the approval on Adjustment of Status. Just wanted to know :1. How long usually takes to received the adjustment of status approval.
2. Once the adjustment of status it's approved, i should be granted with the permanent permit for labor?.
3. I'm currently receiving a very interesting offer from a different employer, and i've just wanted to know, if i can do something (type premium process) to expedite the adjustment of status approval.The reason i'm raising you above questions, it's because the immigration attorney that is currently handling my case, represent to the company and obviously i cannot discuss with him about particular topics.Whatever further information you may consider appropriate about the adjustment of status, please feel free to share it with me.I request confidentiality on this please.
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Immigration Law
3/20/2018
Immigration Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Immigration Law Answer Team replied 1 month ago
Law Educator, Esq., Immigration Law Answer Team

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Please go back and complete the other question by leaving positive 5 star feedback. In the meantime I am working on your answer here.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Please i need this answer as soon as possible.

Thank you for attention to your previous question and I am typing here as fast as I can.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I already graded about your provided feedback, very helpful.

Thank you for your reply.

1. It takes 60-180 days to approve the change of status depending on how busy they are at USCIS when the application is received.
  2. Once your F2 status is approved, then your work visa is not automatic any longer under the USCIS new rules and they can take another 3 months or so for the issuing a new work permit.
  3. Quite honestly, if you have another employer interested, then you are much better with an H1b than with a F2 visa and fighting for the work permit. Under the new rules for enforcement it is taking longer and longer for USCIS to issue the work visas to F2 applicants or H2b applicant (spouses)

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Sorry, but i have a L1A currently and my company it's sponsoring me for a EB1 (Green Card). I have nothing to with the F1 visa. I have received already the approval for the I140 subjected to the approval of the adjustment of status. I want to know from you, where i'm right now, and what could i do to expedite the adjustment of status processing.

Thank you for your reply.

OK, so where you are right now is if the company is sponsoring the EB1, you cannot expedite the status change. USCIS has no process to speed them up and expedite them I am sorry to inform you. Since you have the approval of status, you now have to wait for the documentation, which would be sent to the attorney handling your case. But there is no legal process under USCIS rules to speed things up.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I dont have the approval of status yet, what i receive it's the approval of the I-140 subjected to the adjustment of status approval. What i heard (just wanted your confirmation) it's that if the adjustment of status takes longer than 180 days, i can request for a premium process approval, and i could get the approval within 15 days later.

Thank you for your reply.

Generally the employer can file the I-907, but not all employees will qualify, so if you do qualify under your status, then the employer may file for the premium 15 day process. See: https://www.uscis.gov/i-907