Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I'm a u.s. citizen I have a friend over and India that I…

Customer Question
I'm a u.s. citizen...

I'm a u.s. citizen I have a friend over and India that I would like to get to the United States he's a young man 25 years old his family is deceased he would like to come to the United States to be able to have a better life and work I don't have the funds I need to sponsor him and I'm trying to figure out which is the best way to apply for a card for him to come over they say it is hard for young man his age to be able to get a card to get over here can you tell me what would be the best way to apply for him to come over or if there is any sponsors around that I could get to sponsor him this is in Virginia

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the U.S. government?

No I have not because I wanted to make sure what I'm doing is right so I don't know what to do that's what I need advice for

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?

I have talked to a couple free consultation and I had the first lawyer lady told me that it would be the easiest way would be to file fear for fiance visa

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I had asked him another lawyer free consultation and I said this fiance visa and he asked how old I was and how old he was and he said it would never work so I mean I don't know what else to say right now it's just that is desperate to cam he has no crime record he has his passport and everything ready he has his tickets to fly but the thing of it is is how to get a Visa and what it will cost

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
3/20/2018
Immigration Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Immigration Law Answer Team replied 3 months ago
Law Educator, Esq., Immigration Law Answer Team

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

One of the easiest ways to come here would be if he can get an actual work visa under H1b, where if he can stay working here for 5 years he can petition for a permanent green card.

Another option is you can try to adopt him in India, which would then allow you to petition for him as an alien relative which under normal circumstances can take 2-3 years to approve his green card visa application as a family member over 21.

Right now, him finding a job here in the US that can get him an H1b or him getting into school here in the US to get an F1 visa would be the fastest ways to get into the US.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

I Thank you for your information, I have never heard anything about school and how to apply for it, but he has a job with my son which is a contractor, has his own business

Thank you for your reply.

If he comes to the US for school, the school will apply for a student visa for him, F1 visa. That would allow him to remain in the US as long as he is a full time student. As far as employment, he would need to get a job with a US company in the US and they would have to get him a H1b or similar visa to come to the US and work. Those would really be his two options.