Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I have a skydiving center. We hire pilots needing to build…

Customer Question
I have a skydiving...

I have a skydiving center. We hire pilots needing to build time so that they can work for the airlines. There is a pilot who has graduated from Embry Riddle and he has 600 hours. He needs 300 more hours to get into the right seat at Endeavor. There is a pilot shortage that is only going to get worse. This person is working under a VISA for STEM in an office. I have filled out E-verify and am interested in how to proceed to legally hire him to help him to get the 300 hours as Pilot In Command that he needs in order to fly right seat. I have spent over 4 hours talking to government employees and not one of them is able to tell me what is required to keep both he and I legal. What a bureaucratic nightmare. I just want to legally help this guy out.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the U.S. government?

E-verify is the only thing I have filled out thus far.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about the visa?

I have not. He is legally already working at Endeavor. I just need to work out how to legally allow him to work at my place on the weekends until he builds enough time.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

That should cover it. Cathy(###) ###-####

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
3/20/2018
Immigration Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Immigration Law Answer Team replied 4 months ago
Law Educator, Esq., Immigration Law Answer Team

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

You would need to get the work visa transferred over to your company and if he is a pilot graduate he should be able to transfer his STEM to your company. You need to apply to USCIS to get his STEM - OPT transferred to your company and him approved to fly as a pilot as part of his extension of training. You need to use a local immigration attorney to file the transfer of status to your company so he can legally work for you to accumulate hours.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.