Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I receive a notice from USCIS recently but I did not

I receive a notice...

I receive a notice from USCIS recently but I did not understand what they want

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the U.S. government?

I-130

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about the green card?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Just I submitted I-130 for my wife and children but they revoke the approval of my child , i did not knw why

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/20/2018
Nisha Jones, Esq.

Good morning, I am an Immigration attorney and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office, and I'll be answering your questions today. Keep in mind JustAnswer provides general legal information only and does not constitute legal advice. Please allow me just a few minutes to review your question, thank you!

I'm sorry to hear about your situation.

What was the notice you received from USCIS?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
can I send it as attachment?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
kindly find attachment
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
still with me?

Yes, thank you. Give me just a moment to take a look at the form you attached. Thanks!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
have you finished?

Yes, thank you.

It appears that USCIS prematurely approved your child's visa petition, without first having received all of the necessary documents for her visa.

It does not mean that her visa will be denied, just that USCIS made an error and approved the visa prior to receiving all of the forms for her.

Have you submitted an I-864?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
NO, NOT YET. THEY DID NOT ASKED ME TO SEND IT

Okay in that case, you'll still need to send that in.

Here's a list of the required forms that go along with the I-130 petition:

Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative
Form I-130A, Biographic Information
Form I-864, Affidavit of Support
Form I-693, Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record

Other supporting documents you'll also need to submit are:

• two color photos, taken within the last 30 days, passport style
  • birth certificate, with an English translation if it's not already in English, and
  • required fee for the application and for biometrics

You can find all of these forms and their instructions here:
https://www.uscis.gov/forms

See also:
https://www.uscis.gov/family/family-us-citizens

Again, at this point your child's visa is not denied, it was just accidentally approved before the application was completed.

Your child and the rest of your family, should still receive approved visas once their petitions are completed and they attend their Consulate interview.

I hope that helps!

Please let me know if you have any other questions about this. Also, please take a moment to rate me using the stars at the top of the page, as it's the only way experts are compensated for our time on the site. I do not receive a salary here at JustAnswer, and am only compensated for my time after receiving a rating of 3 stars or more (5 stars are always appreciated). The question won't close after rating, so you can still ask follow-up questions after. Thanks, ***** ***** it!

Hi! Just checking in to see if you have any more questions? I hope I was able to address all of your concerns. Please let me know, I'm here to help. Thanks!

Nisha Jones, Esq.
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
I just sent I-130 form because my son is outside USA and after the petition is approved the NVC will ask me to send I-864 and the other forms correct? so what I have to re-send now?

Yes, since your son is outside of the US, you will wait for the NVC to send the I-864 and any other forms.

For now you would need to re-submit the I-130 and I-130A.

Hope that helps clarify!

If you have any more questions in the future and would like my help, please feel free to reach out to me here at JustAnswer by posting a new question, and adding "For Nisha" to the first part of your question. I'd be happy to help. Best of luck to you, take care!

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Dear Madam Nisha,
in the instruction of I-130a, it is written that I have to fill this form if I want to submit I-130 for my spouse not my son. and I told you that this petition from me to my son
please give me a correct answer i have no time

I'm sorry that was just a typo on my part recalling your application for your wife as well.

You just need the I-130 for now, and the NVC will contact you with regards ***** ***** I-864 since your son is outside of the US (as opposed to an adjustment of status from within the US).

I hope that helps!

Nisha Jones, Esq.
Nisha Jones, Esq.
Nisha Jones, Esq., Lawyer