Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

Can you help get visa for friend in guatemala. She try for…

Customer Question
Can you...

Can you help get visa for friend in guatemala

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps has the friend taken? Have they filed any paperwork with the U.S. government?

She try for visa 3 or 4 years ago but she wad denid

Lawyer's Assistant: Has the friend talked to a lawyer about the visa?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

She has help with mission work in guatamala she is teacher in collage she knowes Spanish and english

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
3/20/2018
Immigration Lawyer: Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney replied 3 months ago
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney

Hello, my name is***** & I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. I'm reviewing your question and will be with you in a few minutes.

Unfortunately attorneys cannot apply for a tourist visa for a client. All we can do is help guide a person, put together documents and help them with questions that may be asked. Your friend was probably denied because it is difficult to get a visa from Guatemala. The consular officers maybe thought that your friend was going to stay in the US illegally.

She will have to prove that she has significant ties to Guatamela and therefore has no intention of leaving this and staying in the US. She should bring proof of her job and how long she has been there. She should bring proof of her income and that she has enough money to pay for her trip. If she owns a property, she should bring proof of that. IF she is married or has children that she is leaving, she should bring proof of that. She should also know exactly where she will be staying and what are her plans in the US. It is better if she has a specific reason to come like for an event.

Good luck to you and I hope this answer has helped you.

Please kindly click "Finish by RATING" and choose a rating from the STARS ★★★★★. The question will NOT finish or close after you click and rate me. DON'T WORRY. It will stay OPEN after you rate me and I can continue to answer your follow up questions at no additional charge, if you have any.

The stars are very important. If you don't RATE , I receive zero credit for my time with you. Hopefully you can rate me 3 stars or more. 5 stars rating is the best!

Again, if you have additional follow up questions for me, please ask and I will be happy to clarify. Your satisfaction is my #1 goal.

Any bonus you feel I earned is always very appreciated. For any NEW questions you have in the future that you would like only me to answer, you can begin the new post with the words "FOR JEN."

Immigration Lawyer: Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney replied 2 months ago

Hello again.. I see that you were able to view my answer last month when we spoke, but you did not ask any follow ups or leave me any feed back.

Please let me know how else I can help and please kindly keep in mind that we experts do not receive a salary from this website. We only receive credit when you leave a good rating for us with the stars ★★★★★. Thank you for your consideration of our work and time here.