Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I have to apply L2 visa for my spouse. I have few questions.

Hi .. I have...

Hi .. I have to apply L2 visa for my spouse. I have few questions

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the U.S. government?

I have filled DS160. But not submitted yet. In the person/Entity paying your trip column what should i put. I am paying for my wife visa not my employer. Should i have to select Self or others ?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about the visa?

Not yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes. My wife is a Malaysia citizen. I am indian. We both are going to get married in india and we will have indian marriage certificate. I need to know if she can attend visa interview from Chennai, India

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I also need to know the following,
1. When i fill the DS160 form its not showing education details column in Work/Education/Training column. It shows only Work.
2. Where should i upload my spouse's full Passport scanned copy ?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
DS160 attached
3/20/2018
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney

Hello, my name is***** & I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. I'm reviewing your question and will be with you in a few minutes.

You can select that you are paying for your wife's visa, not your employer. She cannot apply until you are legally married. If she lives in India, yes she can attend the interview in India.

1. If it doesn't ask for education, then you don't need to include education. You only need to include education if she is not working and is currently studying.

2. You don't attach the scanned copy of your passport to the DS-160.

Good luck to you and I hope this answer has helped you.

Please kindly click "Finish by RATING" and choose a rating from the STARS ★★★★★. The question will NOT finish or close after you click and rate me. DON'T WORRY. It will stay OPEN after you rate me and I can continue to answer your follow up questions at no additional charge, if you have any.

The stars are very important. If you don't RATE , I receive zero credit for my time with you. Hopefully you can rate me 3 stars or more. 5 stars rating is the best!

Again, if you have additional follow up questions for me, please ask and I will be happy to clarify. Your satisfaction is my #1 goal.

Any bonus you feel I earned is always very appreciated. For any NEW questions you have in the future that you would like only me to answer, you can begin the new post with the words "FOR JEN."

Hello again.. I see that you were able to view my answer yesterday but you did not ask any follow ups or leave me any feed back.

Please let me know how else I can help and please kindly keep in mind that we experts do not receive a salary from this website. We only receive credit when you leave a good rating for us with the stars ★★★★★. Thank you for your consideration of our work and time here.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have few more questions,
1. She is not living in india currently. She is malaysia and she will come to india in May in toursit visa and marry me. Our marriage certificate will be from india. Since she has indian marriage certificate can she attend interview in india ?
2. With out marriage i cannot fill out DS160 form and schedule inverview appointment ?

1. She can request to have the interview in India based on the fact that you are Indian and you married in India. It's possible they may allow her.

2. No you cannot fill out DS160 until after you are married.

I hope this clarifies for you and that you can kindly issue a positive rating.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have one last question, please clarify
When scheduling visa interview appointment, in personal section what should i fill out for following fields ?
Principle applicants mame
Principle applicants visa class
Petitioner name
Start date
Receipt number
Expiration date

That is your information that you can answer in those questions.

Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney