Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

My employer is applying for H-1B petition for the first

Customer Question
My employer is applying...

My employer is applying for H-1B petition for the first time. I have graduated with Master's in civil engineering and have one year experience between my bachelor's and master's degrees. My wage supports "level 1". I heard there have been many cases for level 1 H-1B's. Is there any best way to provide evidence that my job and level 1 wage are well balanced along with being inherently specialized so that USCIS is satisfied without RFE?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the U.S. government?

Not yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about the H-1B visa?

Yeah the lawyer is asking my employer to see if I could meet level 2 wage instead

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

That would be all

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
3/20/2018
Immigration Lawyer: Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer replied 3 months ago
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions. I am reviewing it and will post your answer momentarily.

Welcome to JustAnswer! I have 34 years experience as an immigration attorney and I am here to help resolve your immigration issue. Tackling these issues can sometimes get confusing. Should you need to chat on the phone or document review, I am able to do that for an additional cost. Let me know at any time during our question and answer session if you are interested.

It is true that generally speaking USCIS automatically sends out an RFE when the wage level is 1.

That does not mean that the case is impossible to win.

The below link is written by one of the best H1B attorney's who has been very successful using the formula he outlines in his blog.

http://blog.cyrusmehta.com/2017/07/h-1b-entry-level-wage-blues.html

No doubt writing the support letter using Level 1 wage is much more work because of the analysis needed to be used in comparing job duties, other employee wage levels, etc. It is often easier for the employer and attorney to simply increase the wage. However, this can lead to other issues if your wage is increased and higher than that paid to other similarly educated and experienced employees performing the same job duties.

I would suggest you pass this blog onto your attorney and ask if he might be willing to use the suggestions presented by Mr. Mehta.

I hope that helps! Please let me know if you have any other questions. I appreciate this opportunity to help you. I do not receive a salary here at JustAnswer, and am only compensated for my time after receiving a rating. If you are very satisfied with my answer please take a moment to click on the 5 stars at the top of the page. The question thread remains open and you can ask follow-up questions.

Judith

May I answer anything further?

Judith