Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I am french, under a card - i want to apply for citizenship,

Customer Question
I am french, under...

I am french, under a green card - i want to apply for citizenship, - i ve been incarcerated - all my cases have been declined - dropped - green card valid until feb 2021, what is my chance to be approved for citizenship, how long does it take, do i need a lawyer to apply or can i do it by myself

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the U.S. government?

I live in florida - broward county

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about the green card?

I have green card already,

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
3/20/2018
Immigration Lawyer: Bill Attorney, Lawyer replied 5 months ago
Bill Attorney

Dear Customer ,

Thank You for posting your immigration law question this evening. I'm attorney Bill an experienced immigration lawyer assisting you.

As a green card holder you can apply for citizenship based upon marriage to a US citizen after three years or based upon five years residency in the US.

You file form N-400 with USCIS and processing takes a few months before you are allocated an interview and test.

https://www.uscis.gov/n-400

We are here to help so please follow up with me as you require.

In return your positive rating is what gives me a credit for my time.

You do this by rating 5*****, 4**** or better.

FIVE STARS or your rating is much appreciated.

Best

Attorney Bill

i know that already, - i was asking in regard of my incarceration what will be my chance to be approved, how long does it take ? can I apply by myself ?

It can take over 6 months and yes you can file yourself.

This comes down to the offense and when it was committed.

If it was an aggravated felony or crime of moral turpitude then you may not be accepted.

The look back period is generally 5 years in terms of convictions.

Best

Attorney Bill

Immigration Lawyer: Bill Attorney, Lawyer replied 4 months ago

Dear Customer ,

I'd like to follow up on our recent interaction. Has your legal dilemmas been solved ?

Just a reminder that my effort and time goes without remuneration unless you leave a positive rating.

So please do take this time.

Best

Attorney Bill