Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I have approved petition and i am on H1 extension. My

Hi,I have approved petition and...
Hi,I have approved petition and i am on H1 B extension. My husband is on h4 EAD with me.I am planning a trip to INDIA as i have not met with my family in last 3 years.Please let me know what is the risk - if i go to INDIA and get my visa stamped.
What is the probaility of visa rejection these days
Is it getting rejected or going in to 221 G these days during visa interviews.Please help as i am so confused .
3/20/2018
Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 15 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Also, please do NOT click on the Opt Out button because if you do, it would prevent me from communicating with you and then it could take a long time before another expert responds to you.

Please give me a few minutes to review your question and I will be right with you with an answer. Sorry for any delay. I may have to do some research and at the same time I read and type fast, but not that fast! Thank you for your patience.

Sorry for the delay. I just ask that if the news is not good that you not shoot the messenger. Shooting the messenger is either leaving a negative rating (usually reserved for rude or unprofessional experts) or not leaving a positive rating at all.

Unfortunately, there are no statistics that I can point you to, but I will tell you that even before the difficulties with the current administration, I would not have recommended travel to India because many H-1Bs were being placed into Administrative Processing. It is even worse now. So it is a significant risk. As to how significant I cannot say, but enough for me to recommend not leaving the U.S. I am truly sorry. I know this is inconvenient because it would probably be many years until you are able to get a green card which would then be relatively safe for you to travel, but if you want to be safe in your status, just don't leave the U.S.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, you may have to scroll up to the top of the page or click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.

Thank you for the positive rating. If you would like to request me in the future for a different topic, please remember to put FOR GUILLERMO in the subject line and message box. Good luck to you!