Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I have some questions regarding getting a US visa for my…

Customer Question
I have some questions...

I have some questions regarding getting a US visa for my boyfriend. I am American and he is from the Dominican Republic. He previously had a work visa to be here through a baseball team, but he is no longer playing baseball and his visa expired. We are aware of the process of me going to the Dominican, getting married, and doing the paperwork for him to become a permanent citizen, which we plan on doing eventually. But we are curious if there are other ways to facilitate getting a visa so he can at least travel here?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the U.S. government?

No, we are not sure what steps need to be taken

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about the visa?

No, we've talked to a lawyer in the past about the process for permanent citizenship, but not about getting a visa

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I don't think so

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Immigration Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/19/2018
Immigration Lawyer: Nisha Jones, Esq., Lawyer replied 1 month ago
Nisha Jones, Esq.

Good afternoon, I am an Immigration attorney and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office, and I'll be answering your questions today. Keep in mind JustAnswer provides general legal information only and does not constitute legal advice. Please allow me just a few minutes to review your question, thank you!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Sounds good, thanks

I've reviewed your question and I'm happy to help.

Did your boyfriend overstay his prior visa, or did he leave by the expiration date?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
He left before the expiration date

Thanks for clarifying.

I just received a notice that you requested a phone call, is that correct?

I'm available and would be happy to speak with you, the site for some reason is not populating the link for the call, so I just wanted to clarify before proceeding. Thanks!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Yeah, a phone call would be good

I'm not sure why the site is not populating the link for the call, even though it shows you're requesting one.

Please contact customer support at this link to let them know of the issue, I'll do the same:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help

Again, I'm available and am happy to speak with you further once the site gets this cleared up for us. Thanks!

I've sent a report to customer support.

Were you able to speak with someone as well?

As of yet, I'm still unable to call, but I'm standing by for this to be resolved. Thanks!

Hi!

I heard back from customer support and they explained that the reason we have not been able to connect on the phone call is because you need to approve the charge through PayPal. Once that's done, we'll be able to connect. Thanks!

Good morning!

I heard from customer support that they were able to clear up the payment issue for you. They've also sent me your number so I can initiate the call.

I understand that you'll pay for the call afterwards by including the payment as a "bonus" after our call and after leaving a 5 star rating on the question thread.

I'm available now and would be happy to speak with you.

Is this a good time for you? Or is there a better time to schedule the call? Thanks!

Immigration Lawyer: Nisha Jones, Esq., Lawyer replied 28 days ago

Hi, just checking in to see if you'd still like help getting your questions answered. Think of this more as a back and forth conversation. Let me know if you'd still like my assistance, thanks!

Ely, Counselor at Law