Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

My sister in-law got arrested on Tuesday for crossing into…

Customer Question
My sister in-law got...

My sister in-law got arrested on Tuesday for crossing into the Us illegal her and her son we don't know where they are being detained

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps has your sister taken? Has she filed any paperwork with the U.S. government?

What do u mean paperwork

Lawyer's Assistant: Has your sister talked to a lawyer about this?

We don't know cuz she only made one call and we haven't heard from her

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes can her son be released to a family member

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
3/19/2018
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney replied 4 months ago
Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 15 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Also, please do NOT click on the Opt Out button because if you do, it would prevent me from communicating with you and then it could take a long time before another expert responds to you.

Sorry for the delay. I just ask that if the news is not good that you not shoot the messenger. Shooting the messenger is either leaving a negative rating (usually reserved for rude or unprofessional experts) or not leaving a positive rating at all.

It is a wonder why they would attempt that when things are so difficult at this time for people that are undocumented. What country are they from? Where did they attempt to cross in? Had they been in the U.S. before?

I do not know why you are not responding, but you are not charged per question, per response, nor per answer. So after I give you my answer, you can continue to ask me questions without additional charge until you are satisfied. I apologize if it is a site issue that you posted and the post did not go through.

What country are they from? Where did they attempt to cross in? Had they been in the U.S. before?