Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

Someone from thailand she come in united state as a tourist…

Customer Question
Someone from thailand she...

Someone from thailand she come in united state as a tourist only so when her tour visa expired she pay someone pretend to marry her to just get her permanent green card so what's the immigration to that do she need to go back to her own country with the person who she pay

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps has the tourist taken? Has she filed any paperwork with the U.S. government?

I believe her tourist paper expired already then she pay someone to marry her to get a green card

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about the green card?

No not me their both hire the lawyer they pretend husband and wife but does not true the thai lady she the lao man for $10.000 thousand dollars their not live together

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

That's all i want to know the status if their both need to go back in their country

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
3/19/2018
Immigration Lawyer: Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney replied 5 months ago
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney

Hello, my name is***** & I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. I'm reviewing your question and will be with you in a few minutes.

I do not understand your question. Are you asking if you should report her? Does immigration know that is was a fake marriage yet?

Hi again, I'm happy to help you but need you to answer my questions first. Thanks!