Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I have h1- and applying for card. I sold on Amazon for

I have h1-b and...

I have h1-b and applying for green card

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the U.S. government?

I sold on Amazon for couple years and I am curious if that can cause problem I am in final step

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about the green card?

I will submit I-485? I have not talked with aloawyer yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I did not need until now because employer has done all the steps for now, but I think I need a lawyer for the final step

3/18/2018
Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 15 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Also, please do NOT click on the Opt Out button because if you do, it would prevent me from communicating with you and then it could take a long time before another expert responds to you.

Please give me a few minutes to review your question and I will be right with you with an answer. Sorry for any delay. I may have to do some research and at the same time I read and type fast, but not that fast! Thank you for your patience.

Sorry for the delay. I just ask that if the news is not good that you not shoot the messenger. Shooting the messenger is either leaving a negative rating (usually reserved for rude or unprofessional experts) or not leaving a positive rating at all.

How often did you engage in these sales? And how did you reflect this income on your income taxes?

sure. I understand. I was seller on Amazon. In my tax reurn it shows as online seller business.
I did not know at the the time that it can cuase a problem.
I am not available to talk on the phone right now.
Are you there?

Yes, I am here. Please be patient. It is Sunday evening and I seem to be the only immigration expert online at the moment helping 3 or 4 customers at the same time and I just finished a phone call with one. I will be right with you.

ok. thanks

Thank you for your patience. How often did you engage in these sales? Was it a once a month thing? Once a week thing? Once a day thing? What was your annual income from such sales? How long did you engage in such sales? If it is bad news, please remember not to blame the messenger.

I had only $10k income
Gross receipts or sales was $90 but net income was $10k

That's significant. It was obviously a side business that you were not allowed to engaged in. It's looking like it is going to be bad news. How often did you engage in these sales? Was it a once a month thing? Once a week thing? Once a day thing? How long did you engage in such sales?

sorry. net income was arounf $6000 in 2015 nad 1800 in 2016

Please respond to all those previous questions. Thank you.

it was once in a week or once in a month. I engaged in
last two years
I am just curious what they look at when I submit my tax return documents when I submit them as part of I-485 change of status application. Are they checking if person have another income or they are checking only to verify that I am employed with the company i am claiming. Why they are asking for taxt document?

Ok. Then the 245(k) waiver would not be available to you because that only forgives up to 6 months of unauthorized employment. So if it comes up during your green card process, you will have to prove that it was passive income, something that you did once a month or at worst, once a week. The burden of proof would be on you. Hopefully it will not come up, but if it does, you should be prepared.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, you may have to scroll up to the top of the page or click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.

Ok. Thanks. I will contact with you if I need more help. I am sure I will need more help.

You are very welcome, but PLEASE do not forget to rate me positively so that I can get credit for my assistance to you. You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. You may have to scroll up to the top of the page to see the stars/smiley faces. If you don't see them because perhaps you are using the mobile app, then try clicking on my name and they should come out. Since I am NOT given a salary, it is the only way the website will compensate me. You are NOT charged again and we can continue to communicate without additional charge if you have a few follow-up questions. Thank you!

Thank you for the positive rating. If you would like to request me in the future for a different topic, please remember to put FOR GUILLERMO in the subject line and message box. Good luck to you!